What personal finance tips do you have?
1. Consolidate your savings into fewer bank accounts and reduce administrative work. It is difficult to maintain different accounts and helps to simplify your financial transactions and easy to monitor.
2. Do not use credit cards. Use only debit cards or cash.
3. Donate and spend some money on the needy ones, Orphanages, Old age homes. Do not rely on NGOs. Try only Government approved NGOs.
4. Take a term insurance.
5. Invest in Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF) to take benefit of the Income tax rule.
6. Public Provident Fund (PPF) is also a good option for investment.
7. Do not bargain much with street vendors, as their livelihood is dependent on the selling.
8. Track all your expense using an App or an Excel spread sheet, it will help you to monitor and reduce excessive spending.
9. Do not buy Expensive & Branded Items.
10. Question the need to have a car. An automobile may be one of the most expensive things you own. If you own a car, write down all of the costs of your car: insurance, maintenance, fuel, oil, payments, cleaning, parking, taxes, and unexpected repairs. Add to this total the opportunity cost of sinking your money into a car–what could the same amount of money you paid for your car earn if it were invested?